Beware - Fraudlent phone calls
Rusthall Parish Council
Kent residents targeted by scam calls pretending to be British Board of Agrément
A resident in Kent was targeted by a scam phone call, pretending to be a construction industry approvals body - British Board of Agremént (BBA).
- You get a phone call from someone claiming to be the BBA.
- They will tell you that they need to send a surveyor to your home.
- The surveyor will check to see if the loft and cavity wall insulation is compliant.
What to do:
- This is a SCAM
- The British Board of Agremént will never cold call.
- Criminals will try and trick you, by pretending they are from a reputable body.
- If you are cold called from someone - always check and see if they are genuine.
- Get free advice from Consumer Advice Consumer Helpline on 0808 223 1133.
Need a trader urgently? Find safe local trades on Trading Standards Checked or call 03000 421870
Please warn family members, friends and neighbours.
Find out about how scammers may be trying to target you and your family during the Coronavirus pandemic. We can all be vulnerable to these criminals and the best way to protect yourself is to make sure you are aware. KCC Public protection have created a page that lists scams that are using the Pandemic to target you.
You can view our Privacy Notice at any time. It explains what personal data we hold about you, how we collect the data and how we may use and share information about you. We are required to give this information under the data protection law.
For advice and to report issues to KCC Trading Standards contact
Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133
Consumer Advice scams action line on 0808 250 5050
Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Copyright © 2021 Kent County Council, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted into receive emails from KCC Public Protection.
- 01892 520161
Find Rusthall Parish Council
The Rackliff Centre, 26 Lower Green Road, Rusthall, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 8TE
Old Fire Station