Kent residents targeted by Postcode Lottery scam
Rusthall Parish Council
Following reports in the local press, we are warning Kent residents to be careful when receiving emails, letters or texts saying you have won the People's Postcode Lottery.
- You receive an email, text or letter from People's Postcode Lottery
- They say you have won a large sum of cash.
- You need to contact a non-existent company and send personal details or payment to claim the prize.
What to do:
- This is a SCAM - do not give personal or financial details.
- Criminals will use letterheaded paper to try and trick you.
- If you are unsure about anything you receive from People's Postcode Lottery, contact them on 0808 109 8765 or [email protected].
- Report scam letters to Citizens Advice on 0808 223 1133 or visit the website.
People's Postcode Lottery advises:
Legitimate lotteries will never ask you to pay anything to receive your winnings or to keep your winnings a secret.
If you haven't bought a ticket, you can't be a winner. If you have entered a competition, you can only win the prize which has been advertised.
Please warn family members, friends and neighbours.
Find out about how scammers may be trying to target you and your family during the Coronavirus pandemic. We can all be vulnerable to these criminals and the best way to protect yourself is to make sure you are aware. KCC Public protection have created a page that lists scams that are using the Pandemic to target you.
For advice and to report issues to KCC Trading Standards contact
- 01892 520161
Find Rusthall Parish Council
The Rackliff Centre, 26 Lower Green Road, Rusthall, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 8TE
Old Fire Station