Environment Committee Overview
To lead on the Council's efforts to tackle climate change and preserve and enhance the natural environment.
- Britcher-Allan (Chair)
Lay members (non-voting):
- Jenny Blackburn
- Jayne Sharratt
- Phillip Wheeler
TERMS OF REFERENCE
1. The Committee will appoint a Chairman and Vice Chairman at the first meeting following the Annual Statutory Meeting of the Council in May each year.
2. In the event of the Chairman`s absence the Vice Chair will lead the meeting. If the Vice Chairman is also absent the Committee will elect an Acting Chairman for that meeting.
3. Each meeting requires a quorum of 3 Councillors.
4. The Committee will operate in accordance with the Parish Council`s Standing Orders and Code of Conduct.
5. The Chairman will make a report to Full Council at the next Parish Council Meeting succeeding an Environment Committee Meeting should the minutes not be available.
6. Purpose of Committee
a) Lead on the Council’s efforts to tackle climate change and preserve and enhance the natural environment
b) Report those findings to the Full Council for further consideration.
a) There will be at least four meetings a year.
b) The Agenda is to be prepared by the Deputy Clerk in conjunction with the
Committee’s Chairman and to be displayed no later than three clear working days
before the date of the meeting.
8. Working Parties
These may be set up for specific time-related tasks as required.
Clear guidelines to be agreed in writing by the working party and the Committee, including:
a) The purpose of working party.
b) Realistic time scale for objectives to be achieved.
d) Resources needed and point of contact within the Committee for queries between meetings.
e) Risk assessment-copy to be given to the Committee.
9. Draft minutes will be sent to all Councillors before the next Full Council Meeting.