Doorstep criminals target vulnerable in Kent
Rusthall Parish Council
- A resident was cold called at their door.
- The criminals claim there is an issue with their roof.
- They can fix it if you pay them immediately.
What to do:
- Never open your door to cold callers.
- Call Kent Police on 101 or dial 999 if you feel threatened.
- Find verified and safe roofers on Trading Standards Checked.
- For free advice, contact Citizens Advice on 0808 223 1133.
Please warn family members, friends and neighbours!
DOORSTEP CRIME IS FINANCIAL ABUSE
Help us prevent vulnerable people from becoming victims of doorstep crime and financial abuse. Watch the video and learn to spot the signs of doorstep crime and financial abuse. Please help to protect your family members, neighbours and friends.
We know doorstep criminals tell us our roof tiles are loose, our chimney stacks are dangerous, our trees are diseased and our driveways need jet washing.
Help keep your community safe. Report doorstep criminals as soon as you see them or tell your local Community Warden or Police Officer.
Even if you're not sure if they are a criminal tell us anyway, we want to know.
For advice and to report issues to KCC Trading Standards contact
Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133
Consumer Advice scams action line on 0808 250 5050
Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Copyright © 2021 Kent County Council, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted into receive emails from KCC Public Protection.
- 01892 520161
Find Rusthall Parish Council
The Rackliff Centre, 26 Lower Green Road, Rusthall, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 8TE
Old Fire Station